The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration, Las Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The other Andy made reservations for 8 so we have 16 spots available to join us for dinner. All are welcome.

NFSBOSS said:
Has anyone received any information on Vegas MORE parking or run groups for the track days? I've received no information on either.

I haven't received anything after the email asking me to fill out the questionnaire for the track day.

I got this last week. Not too informative.

http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=b6caec88cdd7d1c81c2f3c171&id=56c30109e2&e=6f346c1a61

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone interested in racing go-karts while we're there? I was thinking possibly Thursday either before or after the evening event at New York/New York.

There are 2 places near the strip, one with electric karts and one with gas karts. I personally prefer electric since max power is instant, but am open to either.

Electric - Pole Position Raceway:
http://www.polepositionraceway.com/las-vegas/

Gas - Fast Lap
http://fastlaplv.com

Thought I'd tally the Wednesday dinner attendees:

NFSBOSS +1
Fiddler49
Fat Boss +1
Fomoco302
Boss343 +6

As it stands we have 2 tables of 4 at 7:00pm and 1 table of 8 at 7:15pm. Post here, or PM either NFSBOSS or me if you will be joining us for dinner at Borders so we manage our reservations properly. Cuz I'm sure we're all about bein' proper... :eek:

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Hello all, I am Chris Waddle and I am the director of the Las Vegas Portion of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration, Powered by MCA. I am sending you all a quick note to let you know of some of the happenings and what you can expect when you arrive at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway LVMS. As with all functions that we attend there has to be rules and there is no difference here.

Firstly; There will be NO food or drink allowed on the LVMS that was not purchased there. LVMS has a sole provider and does not allow outside food to be brought to the facility.

Secondly; Canopies were offered to all of the groups that have requested to park in the MORE lot. However none of the registered groups have ordered canopy. For safety of people and vehicles at the event, no canopies that were not rented from the MCA and set up by our vendor will be allowed.

Now that the nasty stuff is over, here is the good stuff. A great event has been planned and there will be further emails describing all of these cool things. Those of you parked in the MORE lot will enjoy the top of the line parking near the main and only entrance to the event. Your group will have a reserved area that you can come and go from as you wish.

Remember, safety is our top priority. Please adhere to all speed limits and directions from both LVMS staff and event volunteers.

Many thanks for attending the event and I hope to see you all there safely.

Chris Waddle

Received on April 2 - Chris is in charge of MORE

Fiddler49 said:
Thought I'd tally the Wednesday dinner attendees:

NFSBOSS +1
Fiddler49
Fat Boss
Fomoco302
Boss343

As it stands we have 2 tables of 4 at 7:00pm and 1 table of 8 at 7:15pm. Post here, or PM either NFSBOSS or me if you will be joining us for dinner at Borders so we manage our reservations properly. Cuz I'm sure we're all about bein' proper... :eek:

To be proper, Fat Boss = Andy and Tammy 8)

Finally an update for the Vegas event but still waiting on the track information:

Hello Mustang Nation,

In a few short days Mustangs will start their trek to Las Vegas via the Pony Drive, cruises or individual drivers. We have over 2000 registered Mustangs in route. Please review carefully, as the information provided below will help make the event smoother for everyone. Please note the parking numbers on the attached map are for NASCAR events, not the Mustang 50th.

Wednesday 16th Mandalay Bay Packet pickup starts at noon. We suggest the West parking area as the closest location to a parking area to the Islander Ballroom. Once inside the West Parking entrance place bear to the right going around the café towards Starbuck Café. You will see signs directing the guests to the Islander Ballroom. If you become misdirected, ask any of the Mandalay Bay staff for directions to the Island Ballroom-it is downstairs. If you are bringing a trailer, we suggest using the convention/bus parking area at the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Russell Blvd. Lots of space for haulers.
At the Islander Ballroom you can pick up your preordered credentials/tickets. Please review the packet to make sure the credentials/tickets are correct.
http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/vegas/vegaspacketpickup.html

Wednesday 16th Las Vegas Motor Speedway Trailer parking is open for guests wishing to drop off the trailer. Please don’t unload the Mustangs until Thursday, as that is the first day we open parking to the Mustangs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehMps7D6GM&feature=youtu.be

Thursday 17th Las Vegas Motor Speedway Mustang 50th Birthday Day One
The track opens for Mustang parking at 8AM in the Mustang Midway and in the M.O.R.E. lots. Please be sure to put the event decal on the driver side windshield to access the Mustang parking lot. You should also have your credentials handy, as you will need to show your personal credentials at Gate C, which is the only entrance into Las Vegas Motor Speedway. At Gate C, staff will check credentials of all guests. After passing through the main gate, you will be directed to the tunnel which will take you under the Grandstands and Speedway, into the Neon Garage. It is here where you find Ford’s inside display area, along with the sponsors and vendors.
The Neon Garage will also host Bob Fria’s seminar’s and presentation inside one of the Neon Garages. The schedule of his events are listed on the event schedule.
Handicapped parking will be marked and Scoot-A-Round will be on site to rent scooter and wheelchairs. Scoot-A-Round information is on the event website.
In the Mustang Midway parking lot the Mustangs can come and go as needed each day. Please understand if you leave and come back, someone may be parked in your original spot when you return, as we cannot save parking spots for the guests.
Ford’s Ride and Drive will also take place on the inside road course, plus hot laps. Shelby, Roush and Saleen will also have a presence at LVMS. The Ford Time Line Garage, which is open each day of the event, will open, outside of Gate C.
Open track begins in the outside road course, starting at 10A M, running through 5 PM. Mustang trailers will be able to be parked either in the paddock area or the lot next to the open track on Thursday. We are working with the track to open the paddock on Wednesday-more information to follow very soon.
Opening ceremonies will begin inside the Neon Garage at 11AM, with event closing on Thursday at 5PM. Please refer to the event schedule link below for more details on the daily activities.
http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/vegas/schedule.html
The evening event will be held at New York, New York on the Brooklyn Bridge from 7-10PM. It is ticketed event, but sold out. Please be sure to bring you Thursday Night ticket, as only the Thursday Night ticket gives the guests access to the Mustang 50th Birthday Party.
http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/vegas/schedule.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0XO41yzMKU&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDepEMKucXo&feature=youtu.be

Friday 18th Las Vegas Motor Speedway Second day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration.
Mustang parking opens at 8AM, closes at 5PM.
Each day the Mustang parking will begin at 8AM, along with Gate C for access to the Neon Garage.
Open track begins at 8AM, along with all of the activity inside the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including the Ford Ride and Drive, along with hot laps.

Saturday April 19,2014 Las Vegas Motor Speedway Day three of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration
The day starts very early for the 2500 runners taking part in the Mustang 50th Half Marathon & 5K. The runners will start at 7AM on the Start/Finish line of Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The route the runners will be using will include all parts of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including the speedway, inside and outside tracks, dragstrip area, and parts of the surface streets around the track. The race will conclude by 10:30 AM.
Due to the runner’s route, we will need to ask the guests to come to the track via a different route than normal, if you plan to come to the track by 10:30.
Take the same exit to the Speedway as usual, but turn right on Hollywood Blvd., left on Las Vegas Blvd. N. and then left at Speedway Blvd. (Gate 8). Directional signs will be put up showing the Saturday morning route. The Mustang Midway will open via Gate 8 at 8:30AM. The main route into LVMS will open at 10:30AM to go into the Mustang Midway and everything will go back to normal traffic patterns at that time.
The drawing for the Shelby GTS will be at 11AM, at the entrance to Pit Row. For more information on how to drive the Shelby GTS home, please click on the link below.
https://www.signmeup.com/site/online-event-registration/98972/
The Las Vegas team is finalizing the details on Parade Laps at LVMS, more details will be available at the track-such as how to sign up, times and procedure to take your Mustang onto LVMS in a controlled Parade lap. (Please don’t ask at registration packet pick up for details on the Parade Lap, as they do not have any information on the program.)
Ford’s Ride and Drive will continue, along with hot laps. Vaughn Gittin will performing on the inside road course. Times will be posted at the Ford Corporate Display-Friday only.
The day concludes with the Saturday Night Banquet, at the Luxor Pool. Signage will be in place for the guest attending the event, directing the guests to the pool.

Sunday April 20, 2014 Las Vegas Motor Speedway Closing Day
We had planned for Sunrise Services at the track, but were not able to confirm the services, as the contacts we had to perform the service became unavailable since it is Easter weekend. We apologize for any inconvenience this may create, but fortunately there are a number of churches in the general area providing Sunrise Service.
The last day of the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration begins, with the Mustang Midway opening at 8AM. The Neon Garage, Ford Time Line Garage, and vendors with remain open until 2PM, at which time Closing Ceremonies will begin at the Neon Garage.

Now go enjoy the Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration, review the schedule activities, as we have packed the event with everything Mustang!

The Fat Boss is ready to go to Vegas! New 302S bumper, bumper facia, Boss lower facia, splitter, tow hook, rotors, and pads installed. Also ran a USB cable out the passenger side brake duct for power to the GoPro for "Splitter Cam." ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel