The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration, Las Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cripes. Yesterday was 70's and sunny, today we have snow accumulating for the next 36 hours. Yeah Colorado. Weather folks claiming 6-8 inches, which in CO terms means 0" to 1.5 feet. Looks like its going to be a mess to get down there in the BOSS, but we'll see. Other than that, I'm excited to get to the event, we plan to leave Tuesday morning.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
askjeffro said:
Cripes. Yesterday was 70's and sunny, today we have snow accumulating for the next 36 hours. Yeah Colorado. Weather folks claiming 6-8 inches, which in CO terms means 0" to 1.5 feet. Looks like its going to be a mess to get down there in the BOSS, but we'll see. Other than that, I'm excited to get to the event, we plan to leave Tuesday morning.

I too am heading out soon, Wednesday morning. I think we'll both be okay for it looks like the next storm coming through will hit after we've gone through the Rockies. Keep your fingers crossed and travel safe.

It is going to be hot here the rest of the week and it is always hotter at the speedway and will be in the 90's. Bring your sunblock and the high flow grilles for track time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I am so jealous of you guys. So close but yet so far away. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to do the 100th (I'll only be 79) because I didn't make it out there. Have fun but stay safe. Look out for the Camaro posers that are sure to turn up.

NFSBOSS said:
The line is now closed for the day. Expect the same cluster f$&@ tomorrow.

Were u able to pick up your packet? I'm going to pick mine up first thing tomorrow morning. I arrived at 3 with the pony drive coming from Flagstaff and i had plans in the late afternoon so I knew I wasn't going to be able to wait in line.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Wasn't too bad. Got in line at the door at 12:10 and back in my car about 1:15.I'll be at the ticket booth tomorrow at 7:30-12:30 for my volunteer duties. I guess I will be at 'corral' #3? See you all there...

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Was it just because they didn't have enough lines or was it a logisitcal error? I mean they knew they were having tons of people come.

I don't get it, when we finally got to our spot to pickup it took about 1 minute for them to get the packet. So I can't say what was going "wrong".

From my college days I can say they way they designed pickup was poor, but even accounting for bad flow from the gated method they used I don't know why it took use 3H and 26 min to pick up a packet I already registered for. It was sad to see people cutting the line too. :( Anyway, it is done.

Where are we supposed to pickup the "goodie bag"? The site says its at Mandalay bay but I did not see anything, just the note in our packet. http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/vegas/schedule.html

Fomoco302 said:
Goody bags at the track

Thanks.

Sorry I did not join you guys for dinner. Wife and I had fancy dinner reservations. (Had to cancel unfortunately). Will be at the party tonight however. Enjoy the show, I apologize for my car being dirty in advance. :)

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
The sun is just coming up here,looks like it will be a good day,weather wise. Got to wake the wife up and get to the track for day three. Never saw so many mustangs. Its been fun so far. First day was crazy....nobody new what we were doing. Yesterday went smooth.Looking forward to today. See you there.

TMO Supporting Vendors