The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 6.0 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
My cat, Izzy, was diagnosed with Feline Infectious Peritonitis by the vet today. It's incurable and he may only have days or weeks, a couple months with treatments. He's my little dude. I got him 9 years ago at my first assignment. He was picked up and given to a shelter at seven weeks old and lived there for five years before I adopted him. He is the sweetest cat in the world. At seven pounds, he's barely larger than a kitten it seems like, and even people who don't like cats love to pet his belly and rub his chin (yes, he does in fact love belly rubs). When I came home from Afghanistan he ran to me at the door. Same when I came home from Korea after a year. He has slept by my side almost every night. Every morning he gets his breakfast while I have mine and every day after work he waits for me by the door. I love this little guy. The next few days are going to be very hard.

Attachments

• IMG_20190207_064036.jpg
    IMG_20190207_064036.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20181110_171047.jpg
    IMG_20181110_171047.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 46

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Chris that sucks so bad, it is just awful to lose them. I've had 9 kids, er, cats in the last 36 years, the first ones I raised on an eye dropper as their Mom wasn't much of a mom and abandoned them at birth. Lost our last guy (who I picked out when he was a 6 week old kitten in a shelter) in Feb 2018 at age 21 while my wife was in the last months of her battle against cancer. After she passed away in August the house was so empty the first thing I did was head to the shelter and get 2 more boys. BJ is a 2 year old gray tabby and Tig is a 5 year old orange and white, both neutered males and I have no idea what they were doing in a shelter, they are both super friendly cats with big personalities who just love people. They have been the best company I could have, they seem to know when I'm down and need a little cat love. Take time to grieve, and then go get a couple more, there are so many thousands of them out there that could use a home and they are such great companions. It is so hard when you lose them but the memories of what they mean to you will never fade.

Last edited:
ChrisM, Sorry to hear about your beloved friend's illness.I had 2 dogs over the yrs and they were like kids to me.Like Bill P. says, it's hard to comprehend if you never been there! There will be a void in your life, for sure...maybe get an Izzy Jr. ........I for one don't want any more "Pets" because of the heartache of losing them....I do feed the birds and squirrels (along with a newly acquired Woodchuck) in the backyard, so I still have "Family" around...............;)

ChrisM, your next week or two will be ruff For Sure!!!!My first dog "Little Bit" passed away right in front of me..My other dog, "Peppy" died at the vets office.......It's hard driving your dead dog home in a cardboard box to bury him in your backyard.............sorry,.you don't need this stuff, you'll have enough to deal with..............

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Thanks for the kind words. We put my little Izzy to rest today. The Japanese vet did us a great honor and blessed his spirit in the local way. In the end, I know he is no longer suffering. When I retire and the wife and I have our "forever home" we are going to spread his ashes in the garden there.

It's May Everybody!!!...Another cloudy gloomy day here in Ct...temps 10 below the norm(low 60's)..I'd like to see a string of nice sunny days, but the 7 day forecast isn't showing that...Glad I was able to get the Boss out today for a while...........

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Do they know what a Mustang is over there? I still imagine most folks over there still use two wheels to get around.

Tyme, I saw ONE brand new Mustang and it was an EcoBoost. Mostly mopeds. I've got some wild video I'll upload later of the various driving experiences. They are incredible drivers, honestly. I felt like I was in a wheel-to-wheel race every time I was in a car.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Yeah it was about the same. We used a company called Threeland Travel who made it Army-proof for us. Just be in the hotel lobby at 0900 and they take care of the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors