The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 8 - 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The final countdown is getting underway...may the victor swing the sword...................or wave the flag..depending on your point of view................Who was it that said " I never won a race I didn't deserve"...............not me!!!!

Slow day in TMO country.....it'll pick up Monday when everybody gets back to work and has more tyme to post....I'm glad I'm retired and never owned a business.....feel the love...how can you not???????????...............this is getting easier than I thought.................................HON!!!!! move that Juke!!!!

Got 2 packages delivered today for Son by Hertz...I never knew they were in the delivery business...I suppose rental cars are declining during the pandemic............when is this going to be done???????????????................maybe never?????......I wore the same mask so long I was banned from many stores.....keep that distancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......It's Important!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....covid is coming back with a vengeance!!!! Spring Break has unleashed a whole new set of carriers....naked college students!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I was young that once, but it's had to recall...................

Last edited:
Latest covid update...Johnson and Johnson covid one shot vaccines have been "paused" due to complications to 6 people out of nearly 7 million people that got their J & J vaccine. 6 women between late teens and late 40's have developed blood clots....The 2 other vaccines will proceed as planned....Just when you think we're getting a handle on this.................................................

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Put in a real life perspective , the side effects of aspirin would mean it would have a hard time getting FDA approval today. Nice to know they are checking, and in the grand scheme of things that is a very, very low risk of a problem with the millions of shots being done. Checking and validation is part of the FDAs job description and hopefully it will prove to be quite rare and clarification will prove whether the shot was the basis since clotting can happen for a myriad of other reasons. Thanks for posting and since they have only been 5% of the vacinations in the US, if the issue does prove problematic it will have not as large an impact if J&J had been a big player in the majority of shots.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Most of my co-workers who have received the two shot series have received Pfizer will very few side effects. Soreness at the injection site and minor fatigue for 24-36 hours after. The system used here keeps you in your vehicle. Total time on site was less than 45 minutes including wait times. The National Guard provides organization, marshaling and processing. The state university medical team along with NG medics are doing the inoculations. If you have not received yours yet, consider doing so please.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Received Moderna along with my wife at the local Walmart ( only one store when you live in a berg of 8000 souls amidst the cornfields of Kneebraskee ). With the first shot , which you can barely feel and you have to concentrate to do that, neither of us had any reaction, per se. With the second shot only a mild irritation at the injection site and that was only if we pushed on it. No headaches , no aches , nothing, virtually a pain free innoculation process. Most friends who had the shots had few reactions though some had minor aches or chills - that seemed to be it. Glad to have it done, it gives one piece of mind when going to the track or traveling.

Last edited:
I have a Kensington mouse pad and keyboard support with arm rest pads and they have both split open....TMO must be responsible for this somehow....if MacDonald's can be sued for hot coffee....I may have a case here..........................The lawyers are lining up as I type........................Boys, We don't need the ambulances....

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Bob, I imagine the suggestion from TMO will be that you need harness belts to keep you in your seat from all those g's generated from your heavy duty typing, haha. Bet if you do that it will save on those arm rest pads too!

Check with Kensington to see if they warranty after 7928 posts?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
NC
Got notification last night at work that we wouldn't have to work tonight. Got a little bit of sleep. Went grocery shopping then paid someone to wash my filthy Bullitt since I'm nursing a broken index finger. Guy asked it I lived in the country due to the amount of bugs on the front and how hard they were to get off. Told him I lived around the corner and 150mph bug splatter is tough to remove.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
If only you could teach bats to fly in front of your car and gobble up the bugs. You might pick up some speed from their draft as well, except I think they only go 100 MPH and that could become another problem altogether!

TMO Supporting Vendors