The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Washing and Waxing the Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
So has anyone even washed a 2013 yet? wondering how easy those vinyl decals scratch. if you look at the 12's hood vinyl wrong it swirls right up.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Btw, just figured I'd throw this out there when ordering cleaning supplies from Adams. Do yourself a favor and pay a few bucks extra to NOT USE "Fedex Smart Post". It should be renamed to Fedex "SLOWER THAN DEATH POST", I mean FFS man, I ordered on April 30th and it STILL AIN'T HERE, that's going on 10 calendar days.... USPS parcel post super cheapo pony express (get it?) would have been here by now! By the latest update I should get it today... Me looks outside, hey look, more rain!

May 9, 2012 7:49 AM
At U.S. Postal Service facility
EPPING, NH
Arrived at local Post Office - Allow one to two additional days for delivery
May 8, 2012 8:32 PM
Departed FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST NORTHBOROUGH, MA
May 8, 2012 12:00 AM
Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service
May 7, 2012 6:40 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
FEDEX SMARTPOST NORTHBOROUGH, MA
May 4, 2012 11:35 PM
Departed FedEx location
WILLINGTON, CT
May 4, 2012 5:26 PM
WILLINGTON, CT
May 3, 2012 8:30 AM
In transit
GROVE CITY, OH
May 2, 2012 8:09 AM
Departed FedEx location
HENDERSON, CO
May 1, 2012 8:08 PM
HENDERSON, CO
May 1, 2012 5:34 PM
Picked up
HENDERSON, CO
May 1, 2012 7:22 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Justin

Yeah I did the FedEx post thing took a lot longer than usual. I have a choose for free shipping on orders over 75 but it isn't as good as the bliss code

Well my plan is to do the Klasse twins everywhere and maybe top it off with some P21S on the paint only.
I'll try a small part in the back stripping first to look for negative effects, but won't get to it until this weekend at the earliest. (Still have not had time to even take a picture, busy week)

As soon as I know anything, I'll post here.

4dRacer said:
BossFred said:
Zaino is over rated.

care to expand on that statement?
Yes I will,
For the 1/2 the price you can get Black fire wet diamond, 4 starr UPP, THE klasse twins, Wolfgang 3.0 paint sealant and many more. The key to a smooth and glossy paint on your car is in the preperation. ie. clay bar, compounding, final polishing. I detail on the side and have many happy customers.

Justin

BossFred said:
4dRacer said:
BossFred said:
Zaino is over rated.

Yes I will,
For the 1/2 the price you can get Black fire wet diamond, 4 starr UPP, THE klasse twins, Wolfgang 3.0 paint sealant and many more. The key to a smooth and glossy paint on your car is in the preperation. ie. clay bar, compounding, final polishing. I detail on the side and have many happy customers.
thanks I'm always up for trying new things that's how I stated using zaino. I have a flex and a griots garage DA. Stated using Adams recently decent results still like zaino better.

boss2511 said:
BossFred said:
4dRacer said:
BossFred said:
Zaino is over rated.

Yes I will,
thanks I'm always up for trying new things that's how I stated using zaino. I have a flex and a griots garage DA. Stated using Adams recently decent results still like zaino better.
The Flex rocks,
I have one and I use Megs 105/205 combo for swirl removal withit. I also ues Menzerna products too.

For my '13 owner friends, I got part of the car done with Klasse AIO. No Negative effect on stripes that I perceive. No Sealant yet.

ace72ace said:
Waiting for pics.

Me too. Given my schedule, I can only work on part of the car at a time.

The Klasse did make the stripes slightly smoother to the touch as you'd suspect, but I perceived no loss of reflection on the stripes. I did a stripe half with and without on one side, no difference visually.

Somewhat related question:

Do ALL good car detailing products have to be ordered online? I noticed you can't seem to buy stuff like Zaino or Klasse in the regular automotive stores...

TheMarco said:
Somewhat related question:

Do ALL good car detailing products have to be ordered online? I noticed you can't seem to buy stuff like Zaino or Klasse in the regular automotive stores...

Yeah thats the case most of the time. I had to even order my grit guards online, not many stores carry a selection of QUALITY automotive detailing products.

Also on stripe related note, I stopped by my local dealer and they have GHIG on the floor and after speninf sometime looking over it and teaching a sales person a thing or two about the car, I took a good hard look and feel on the stripes and Im a lot more confident about applying products to them. I still feel testing is a good idea though just to make sure a product is ok on it.

I also finally pulled the trigger on a large order of Wolfgang products. Thought I would try the Fuzion estate wax. I saw what it could do with a red and I believe it will make my SBY just ooze with perfection. So I cant wait to try it on the car once I get it here soon.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel