The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What Did You Sell to Purchase Your Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traded in my 06 GT Boss clone.
No regrets here either. Someone in Indiana has a great car.
I'm very fortunate to have owned 2 Boss 302's.
Had a 70 Boss quite a few years ago, had to sell when child #3 came along, priorities.
DSC05136.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Central Florida
Used my slush/savings fund that was going to be a 1968 Mustang GT- had one when i was a young married GI, in 75, it was sold to buy u-haul trailer tow vehicle after tech school. Kept saving for that 68 GT but never could save enough to get the one i wanted/ or was it because of kids, houses, college etc.

Anyhow- was getting closer to buying that 68 GT and along comes the new 2012 Boss-

I got the Yellow Blaze Boss and life is good.

This is the first hot rod I've ever owned. There was never the right to buy one. Wife, kids, house, college etc.. But when the Boss came out, the timing was perfect.

Vermont
Sold my 64 1/2 D-code (289-4V), 4 speed convertible. Will always have some regrets, but driving the new Boss is plenty enough therapy. The 64 1/2 has a happy new home in SoCal.

_DSC5774_edited-2.jpg

That's a beauty. Enjoy your Boss.

7013Boss said:
Sold my 64 1/2 D-code (289-4V), 4 speed convertible. Will always have some regrets, but driving the new Boss is plenty enough therapy. The 64 1/2 has a happy new home in SoCal.

_DSC5774_edited-2.jpg

I sold my 1969 AMC AMX 390 4-speed Go Pack car to get the Boss, and I did it for the same reason VMGTI123 sold his Chevelle: Every mile on the car lowered the value, and then there was the recurring nightmare of getting rear ended by some texting moron in an SUV.

The AMX was awesome, but the Boss is much more of a car.

athens7 said:
A 2005 Caterham Super 7 SV and a 2006 Acura RSX-S.
Changing%2520of%2520the%2520guard.jpg

Another RSX-S to Boss 302 owner! I kept the RSX as my daily though. $300/year for insurance (liability only) Plus the car has been hit a few times by other people so it's good reliable daily for driving in parts of town that have bad ground clearance.

Back to the subject, I sold shares of Apple and Nvidia stock. :)

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I had to sell myself on the idea of purchasing a domestic automobile.

That hadn't happened since I purchased a 1982 Mustang GT new.

It was a reliable car but of terrible quality.

LindsayEOD said:
Traded in my '11 GT mainly because it was black. I'm way too OCD about a clean car to have a black toy.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/87060586@N02/7974412692/in/photostream

ha. I did the same with my 06 M5.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel