The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Black Boss said:
Yes, noticeable improvement versus TA cars, but I'm guessing it's the tires.

The 350 was quicker than stock GT3's and 911 Turbos, most notably in the corners.

HP0UHaR.png

Black Boss said:

The 350 was quicker than stock GT3's and 911 Turbos, most notably in the corners.
That makes me so wish I had my track wheels and Hoosiers for this weekend at BIR with the PCA.

Black Boss said:

I had no problem keeping pace with four 991 GT3's and a GTS on my first track day. I was curious to see if they were faster on the straights and we were about even. The change of gearing with the shorter R PSC2 tires should make a difference on acceleration.

Yea where's my N4SM R spec wheels. ;D

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
That makes me so wish I had my track wheels and Hoosiers for this weekend at BIR with the PCA.

With your skills, you will be fine. The PSC2's have at least 95% of the grip of the Hoosiers. Main benefit on the R was going square made the car neutral, rather than a little understeer, and saved $500/set :eek: -- That said the 350 Suspension/Aero may make the balance different?

911 Turbo's are faster in a straight line, but not in the twisties 8)

Black Boss said:
With your skills, you will be fine. The PSC2's have at least 95% of the grip of the Hoosiers. Main benefit on the R was going square made the car neutral, rather than a little understeer, and saved $500/set :eek: -- That said the 350 Suspension/Aero may make the balance different?

911 Turbo's are faster in a straight line, but not in the twisties 8)

How do you think 305/30ZR PSC2 on all 4 corners will do?

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
8250RPM said:
How do you think 305/30ZR PSC2 on all 4 corners will do?

I'm sure they'll work fine. Inherent balance is a personal preference and impacted by driving style. Given the width of these tires together with dynamic dampers, I've got a feeling it's kind of splitting hairs...

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
LS110 said:
I like those numbers! Any thought on why the spread between the pulls? Did they do anything different on the 3 pulls? That is still under 5% variation between pulls.

No changes between the 3 pulls. Pull 1 and 2 are very close, but both power and torque are off on 3 -- obviously the engine was hotter, but it's more variation than I expected......

Black Boss said:
No changes between the 3 pulls. Pull 1 and 2 are very close, but both power and torque are off on 3 -- obviously the engine was hotter, but it's more variation than I expected......

Regardless of that slight variance, I am excited to see these numbers given I have GT350 on order. With no engine mods, these numbers are better than my Boss that has had many power mods including the Cobra Jet manifold and cams.

LS110 said:
Regardless of that slight variance, I am excited to see these numbers given I have GT350 on order. With no engine mods, these numbers are better than my Boss that has had many power mods including the Cobra Jet manifold and cams.
Keep in mind your power/weight is still significantly better in your Boss. You must be close to 8.0:1 (with Chong in the car) in the Boss ;D compared to 8.44:1 in the GT350. Keep that in mind when you're walking me down that mile long front straight tomorrow afternoon ;)

Nice numbers indeed. Full length Headers really wake these voodoos up. On a stock tune and full length headers and stock mufflers on 93 I picked up 30.4 rear wheel hp. On a 93 octane tune with ARH long tubes and also stock mufflers I pulled 511 rwhp and letting off the throttle at 6000 rpm because the tune was lean. With more fuel and timing and now running 100 octane Sunoco 260GT I'm sure 525-535rwhp is achievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
I'm very happy with the car, and continue to be amazed by it's capability, Stock. As a reminder, my mods are almost all safety related:

Watson Roll Bar, Schroth 6 point harness, Momo fixed race seat, Mike's Jacking Plates, GLOC Pads, Castrol SRF Brake Fluid, Auto-Blip, MM Camber Plates, and AIM Solo DL.

My only additional planned mods at the moment are Ford Performance Oil Separators, and TBD Tow Hook.

VoodooBOSS said:
That really speaks volumes and is a big leap ahead of where we were with the Boss when it first came out. After my first track day I came away with the impression the car could be driven hard all day with no complaints. Of course this could all change this weekend when @cloud9 hits the track in his 350! :)
Don't jinx me guys! :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel