The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 4.0 2017

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
And speaking of tomatoes....

2017-05-10_16-46-36.jpg2017-05-10_16-41-04.jpg

Fabman, Here's your reminder....Don't buy that crappy bread anymore! I like Canadian White or Country White. Not a Wheat bread fan. BLT's and Grilled cheese sandwiches coming soon with those home grown tomatoes...umm.....Wife says she has a "count" of "Her" tomatoes....she may be mistaken.........

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Fabman, Here's your reminder....Don't buy that crappy bread anymore! I like Canadian White or Country White. Not a Wheat bread fan. BLT's and Grilled cheese sandwiches coming soon with those home grown tomatoes...umm.....Wife says she has a "count" of "Her" tomatoes....she may be mistaken.........
They were out of my regular "Oatnut" flavor so I got something I never tried before. Yuk.

Just keeping things current.............Haven't seen much activity from Bill P. as of late.He was headed for the 1000 message club but has seemed to disappear? We all know he has a new ride to enjoy....maybe that's what has all his attention lately? Can't blame him if that's the case! My Boss still gets my attention and then some...:)

Last edited:
So last Thursday I had an ad in Craigslist for a Pneumatic motorcycle lift. A guy contacts me and says he'll be out that afternoon. He arrives and appears as your normal Harley Dude Complete with the beard and tattoos. He introduces himself and says " Hi, I'm Asshole, and this is my girlfriend Sassy" Sassy was a sharp looking gal and was very top heavy! Asshole tells me, " I thought if Sassy came along and lost her blue top for ya, you'd save me a hundred bucks" LMAO! I couldn't believe it, leave it to a craigslist sale for something like this.
BTW, I didn't discount the lift. I've seen a few boobs in my time. I attached his business card to this post, Yes that's Sassy.

IMG_2708.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Sorry MIA only because finishing out the last year of the Vipers at the Dealership . I have been selling these Snakes since the 90s , so bit sad to see them slither into the Sunset, but it has been a good ride as have sold somewhere between 2200-2300 new and used V10 Reptiles. Kind of funny my wife told me the other day , " Honey , our garage is full of Snakes. " We have two black rat snakes outside the house ( that she likes as she figures they eat the mice that could get in the house) , so I immediately thought they had crawled in the garage. When I asked here where they were , she looked at me strangely and commented, "Duh, your Viper and your Shelby GT 350, both are Snake cars !!" Guess I like reptilian racers, ha,ha.

Hope to be back in force soon, but right now we need to remind folks of the Mustang Roundup in Hastings, Nebraska in September ( www.racemph.com ). Rumors of a lot of track time and a Ford GT being there appear to be spot on !!!

Bill,First off,I hate to see the Viper go as much as anybody. A lot of people would suggest Dodge could have done more to promote the Viper over the years but the bottom line is car enthusiasts know what's out there and what they want to pay for. IMO the viper was a good deal for the money...a step above a Vette (ouch Chevy fans). You all know what I mean....Money has no limits when it comes to performance. Did anybody say the new Ford GT?????.......still a bargain for what you get....if you can afford it and get one...............Good Luck...............

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You will get no argument from me that there were many years of poor marketing , and ironically the stories still continue about how hard they were/are to drive , as well as other myths . I find the parallel with the Mustang quite similar , as folks seem to constantly ask why I would want to track a Mustang when so many cars are a lot faster? Simple answer, of course, is that there really aren't a lot of cars that are much faster. I found it ironic that the car rags constantly talked about Vipers being hard to handle, only good in a straight line, etc. completely ignoring it was the first documented car to stop under 100 ft. from 60 mph ( 2003 ) , it constantly won track comparisons with super fast course times and other variables , only to be noted as not the best driver's car because it did not have cruise or the side sills were hot from the side exhaust, etc. Showing up in a Boss at NASA or SCCA events and blistering past Porsches and Vettes made folks want to come over and see what special item must have been done to the Stang to make it so quick , yet contrary to the Magazines, track guys were not shocked when someone was blisteringly fast in a Viper -- in fact often the answer I got was , " Yeh , fast time , but you are in a Viper." The real understanding came from real track guys whereas the so called Auto Rag Experts were constantly confused still cracks me up. I really loved selling Porsche owners Vipers , as to a man/woman they all asked why writers said the car was hard to drive, as they all thought the car was super neutral and telegraphed way more than a Porsche. The C6 Z06 Vette owners would comment that they sure wished the Viper had traction control, as the 6s had a wicked twitch to them when the TC was off , and they were shocked when driving a Viper that it really did not have that tendency - of course it did not even have TC till 2013. Marketing was likely one of the main downfalls , though the EPA has slam dunked the bigger motors due to start up criteria. There is a reason Porsche has gone to a 3.0 twin turbo now, and the Ford GT has a V6 twin turbo - just a couple of examples. But then a lot of us are part of a dying breed, as we like manual transmissions and cars that elicit emotional responses. I think GT 350s, Boss 302s, GT 500s , Vipers, Vettes, etc. will have a bigger impact 25 years from now than the so called muscle cars of the 60s did , as the HP Wars continued for a longer period of time and the end of the battles will be overtaken by a quiet revolution ---- electric and autonomous will happen and the human race will become more dependent on AI and computers. Yep, we are the last real men and women left on Earth ,ha,ha. Long live the manual and real studs can heel and toe!

Bill, About the new Challenger Demon...Dodge came up with a plan to stymie dealer ADM's by giving those who sold Demons at MSRP first priority for delivery. Some dealers have found a way around this by "auctioning" a chance to buy a Demon at MSRP. This "auctioning" could add up to $25k or more to the price actually paid even tho the paperwork would say sold at MSRP. How's your dealership handling this and do you have any Demons in the bank? Just curious....as I've said before the Boss is enough for me....;)

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We sold all our Demons to past customers at MSRP , and all of them already have full Vins as they were sent in the first day.

The bigger problem is many Dealers are having customers sign the form that goes to Dodge , saying they are paying MSRP , and then the Dealer is requiring them to sign a separate form stating they will pay an additional amount to the Dealer for adjusted pricing , or uprated handling fees , or super high custom documentation , etc. In other words phony verbiage to actually charge way over. Dodge will think the program worked well, and to some degree it did, but I am amazed at how many of my customers who we could not assist bought elsewhere and told me they are paying 10-25K over , but they have to sign two forms.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have been so busy , plus took a vacation with my honey, that the Shelby has not seen as much of the road as I like , especially since I have over 1000 miles on it now, and was able to wring it to 8250 a couple of times .....experiencing a tingling of cargasm in my old AARP body!!!!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dad was a Fighter Pilot, we lost him in Nam, but when my mom was alive she would try to come to some of my races. She would always tell me I was like my Dad, I just participated in low level flying , so there is more to my plane rides than you imagined, ha.

Need to get the car to the track , but we have been so incredibly busy in the shop, I can't get in --- regular customers come first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors