• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9

Gary
Bill Pemberton said:
At least when you go blowing by, it will be in another Yellow Mustang, ha! Nice shots and what a machine, Gary.
Thanks Bill. It's been fun so far.......just wish I had a little more seat time before winter.

@cloud9

Do you drive your car on the street after you modify it for racing?

Still trying to resolve the Recaro issue and wondered what you do for side air bags in the racing seat.

cloud9

Gary
Face76 said:
@cloud9

Do you drive your car on the street after you modify it for racing?

Still trying to resolve the Recaro issue and wondered what you do for side air bags in the racing seat.
I street drove the Boss until the day I sold it. I swap a race seat in for track days along with a roll bar, 6-point harnesses, helmet and HANS. I do not have driver side airbags on the track, but I bolt the factory seat back in for street use and reconnect the airbags. I am doing HPDE and Time Trials. Yes we are on track with other cars, but it's not a fully caged race car involved in full wheel to wheel racing.

Talked to FP today about the seats and they are getting some calls about them and how narrow they are. I would splurge for a new set of Boss 302 seats if I could find them for the street. FP said that they cannot sanction any other seat for the car due to safety testing.

cloud9

Gary
Face76 said:
Talked to FP today about the seats and they are getting some calls about them and how narrow they are. I would splurge for a new set of Boss 302 seats if I could find them for the street. FP said that they cannot sanction any other seat for the car due to safety testing.
It's my understanding that the seat bolt pattern is different in the S550 from the S197 so you'd have to just swap the seat backs. Not sure what they would cost from the parts counter, but probably better off trying to find one in a salvage yard.

So, said another way, you don't think that a Boss 302 seat bottom can be fitted to the GT350?

FP suggested the Tech seats but they include the electronics so not sure how to handle that.

cloud9

Gary
Face76 said:
So, said another way, you don't think that a Boss 302 seat bottom can be fitted to the GT350?

FP suggested the Tech seats but they include the electronics so not sure how to handle that.
Correct.

What electronics are in tech seats, heated/cooled?

VoodooBoss

Rick
cloud9 said:
It's my understanding that the seat bolt pattern is different in the S550 from the S197 so you'd have to just swap the seat backs. Not sure what they would cost from the parts counter, but probably better off trying to find one in a salvage yard.
While I would think the seat cushion could be changed what I'm not sure of is if the airbag and airbag sensor from the other seats would work. My bet is the Recaro out of a 2015 Mustang would. Face call Rehagan Racing and ask for Dean. Tell him BMO sent you. He will know about the seats and could have one in his shop.

cloud9

Gary
VooDooBOSS said:
That reminds me of "The Night Before Christmas"

The GT350 was nestled all snug in it's garage,
while visions of Road America danced on it's pedals.
Hah! Well I did talk to Patrick at Watson today and finalized my order. At least I can look forward to installing the roll bar and harness mounts.

cloud9 said:
Hah! Well I did talk to Patrick at Watson today and finalized my order. At least I can look forward to installing the roll bar and harness mounts.

Ha, I made a big order with Patrick today as well....for my Boss....

cloud9 said:
No more Waldo :'(

20151119_194949_zpsuesfzc9r.jpg

So, what do you drive during the winter months? We don't get near the inclement weather you get so I will stretch the GT350's legs every once in awhile this winter. When it snows, I have a F350 for getting around. Just wished the truck fit in my garage. :eek:

cloud9 said:
No more Waldo :'(

20151119_194949_zpsuesfzc9r.jpg

I assume that's the cover that comes with the car (if so ordered, of course)? If so, it'll be funny that, on my car, it pretty much matches my car (AG with black stripes). hope you get some bursts of nice weather during the winter so you get a chance to drive her some.

cloud9

Gary
Face76 said:
So, what do you drive during the winter months? We don't get near the inclement weather you get so I will stretch the GT350's legs every once in awhile this winter. When it snows, I have a F350 for getting around. Just wished the truck fit in my garage. :eek:
I'd like an F250, but it won't fit in my garage at home or at the office, which is a bigger deal when you're faced with clearing snow and scraping windows if it's outside. I have a 2011 F-150 EB but am trading it on a 2016 EB that I ordered a couple months ago. Ironically it's on "material hold" and I may have gotten the GT350 quicker ::) Dealer thinks it's the 20" wheels I ordered as an option that's holding it up.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel