The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 3.0 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody settling down from their long holiday weekend? Next one will be Labor Day, which will be a stretch...hang in there. Summer pulling in to Ct...hot & humid all week...had a heavy rain overnight.....good for my tomato plants & the corn in the nearby fields...summer has arrived!

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
TMSBOSS said:
Corn is over 4 feet in northern Illinois.

Should be a great year again for farmers.

Heating bills are way down, A/C about the same.

Global warming is a bad thing.....Right?

Coming from HI and CA, I've only harvested corn by the 4th of July.

Okay, this thread been sleeping long enough...only been near 70 the last 2 days but hot & humid weather is due back by midweek. Tomato plants seem to grow an inch every day & will be out growing the 5 foot stakes I have next to them. Have a lot of green ones but nothing ripe yet. That usually comes in early August. Enjoy your summer everyone!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
102 in Denver yesterday. A/C broke down two weeks ago. Drove the Boss just to get some air.

Heading to San Diego this morning to get some relief.

Anything over 90 is hot to me, so I feel your pain. Our heat is coming back tomorrow with temps over 90 & dew points 70 or above. The humidity is what kills me. In the spring/summer/fall I never drive my Boss with the windows up,winter time maybe half way...I need to hear that sound!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
This is my first summer not in Africa or Afghanistan sine 2005. Temps are down for me. LOL.

Humidity on the other hand is a killer. I am used to 10-15 percent. Oh well.

Corn is tasseling. For you city boys and girls, see link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHq8QQ-tSKs

TMSBOSS said:
This is my first summer not in Africa or Afghanistan sine 2005. Temps are down for me. LOL.

Humidity on the other hand is a killer. I am used to 10-15 percent. Oh well.

Corn is tasseling. For you city boys and girls, see link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHq8QQ-tSKs

Far from a city slicker where I hang my hat.
Enjoyed your video very much.
If people only knew the trouble farmers go thru raising plants or live stock so food can be a part of your table. Farmers are one of the top ten hardest working people in order to have good crops. Sometimes they spend more money than they have and more time wasted on trying to produce a crop that mother nature beats them up on.
Most people go and water and fertilize there 10x10 garden. While farmers are TRYING to do the same with hundreds of acres in just one field.

Good sweet (white corn & mixed) is just around the corner.
I buy 25lbs bags at a clip and bring for my guys at work...City slickers.
They love it and always ask why the corn at the supermarket taste different...Lol
I tell them it's the love I put in it...

Back to whoring https://trackmustangsonline.com/Smileys/default/shocked.gif

You can always tell when you're getting fresh corn from nearby farms at the grocery stores. Corn from a state or two away comes in wooden slatted boxes. Fresh corn from nearby farms will come in green nylon mesh bags.........that's a fact. It's almost here!

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
The big difference in local grown corn is refrigeration. Local corn is not subject to cold temps which mess with the sugars in the corn. We have a local farmer who has a deal with his kids. They pick at sunrise and place the corn on a picnic table by their machine shed. Sign says take a bag and leave so much. Money is put in a coffee can. People always do and the kids keep the money. MUCH better than paying an allowance!! 6-10 hours stalk to belly. That's good eatin!!

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tomato trees?? Nice.

In the Midwest where I live, the farmers are laughing at global warming.......all the way to the bank. Solid warm season, earlier planting and huge harvests. Add in the government mandates alcohol for fuel and the corn farmers are the new rich guys.

We can see the alcohol plant from my house. Not a great definition of distance for you Mountain Folk. I believe I can also see Kansas from the house. Yea.....kind of flat here.

Enjoy them tomatoes

Saw in the paper today we are in a "drought Advisory"( 6 inches below normal rainfall for the year so far). My tomato trees are probably not helping with them soaking up so much water every day. May have to resort to plan B....sun dried tomatoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors